Thursday, August 5, 2010

What @ Weddings?

Eva:

Top 3 things about my wedding

1. It was beautiful...people still talk about my wedding...Malibu, private estate...every detail...thought out and coordinated...by my Mother and me...let's just say she is still paying for that day.

2. Family & Friends...flew from all over the country and world to be with my husband and I on that day. It was a whole weekend of celebrating and being with my favorite people :) I was so happy to share my wedding with my Father and Two Aunts, who are no longer with us.

3. The Love...enough said

And all three are captured on my wedding video. The dramatic edited version, with music and slide show that my videographer made...and the raw footage, which is priceless.

I still carry my wedding video around when I travel. I went to Barcelona and met up with a friend from NY, he is an airline attendant. After stuffing our faces all night long we returned to the apartment I had rented. Ten seconds after we walk in the door, I pop in my wedding video. He went crazy..."why do you have this?"
Me...I was totally into the video..."look its you...and me, and oh look at those centerpieces." My wedding video was like a traveling security blanket.

Who is video taping your wedding Dee? Mel?

4 comments:

  1. Rani:

    I guess I like weddings. I usually go without a date, because taking my cousin at this age would just be weird. I used to take him as a date when I was younger, which was usually followed by my family having sit-downs wondering if I'm a lesbian. Naturally if I'm dating someone, they accompany me as my date but I'm usually "the single one". The "one" who the bride tries to set up with the best man, who unmistakably is the guy donning a mullet. It never works out. I like weddings because I like love. I really love being around couples who love each other, and what better place for that than a wedding! I particularly like weddings where there's an open bar. I may not be kissing anyone this evening (maybe) or getting laid (maybe), so I shall make love to my glass of wine, thank you. I will kiss this champagne over and over and over again.... God, I'm so affectionate to a really good champagne. My least favorite part of the wedding is finding out where I'm sitting. I start to shake when I walk over to the table with the place card settings, wondering who I'm stuck sitting next to and stealing their party favor from..... Am I at the kids table, the loser table, the desperate table, the friends-that-I-like table, or the friends-that-I-don't-give-a-shit-about-and-hopefully-don't-have-to-small-
    talk table????? I try and sneak a peek before I sit, and hope it's nowhere near the mullet guy, and within eyeshot of the bartender. Aaaaaaah, weddings. I can't wait to elope.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie:
    Angie:
    Weddings tend to be slightly catastrophic occasions for me. Let's face it: you put me in a venue with an open bar and bridesmaids, and something bad (or really good, depending on how you look at it) is going to go down. On a good night, I just lose my heels and my dress straps (your wedding, Eva: I ripped off the straps of my bridesmaid dress because they were too constrictive, and I think I lost my shoes over the cliff--I was definitely barefoot by night's end.) On a bad night, I try to feed my pussy wedding cake...because 'she's hungry.' Uh oh--get ready Dee and Mel, and I won't be offended if you don't seat me next to the relatives! And keep the cake away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva:
    Yes of course I remember…you saying “she’s hungry” and the next thing I know you have a fork full of cake in-between your legs…then having to carry you through valet to try and leave the wedding as soon as possible..good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie:

    Eva, I'm beyond thrilled that you had an epically amazing wedding. I'm definitely not anti-wedding or anti-love. In fact, I've cried at every wedding ceremony I've sat through in my life. But when I was growing up, I never ever (not once ever, I swear) EVER thought about having a wedding. And I'm not a public-display-of-my-lovey-feelings kind of girl. I'm in love. I'm happy to the point of boredom in my relationship. I just don't feel the need to stand up in front of people and declare that.

    However, I'm marrying another human being with his own set of feeling and wants and things. And so I have to compromise somewhere. We will be doing some kind of first dance (continuing to barf) but I promise it'll be short and then very quickly segue into a fun dance song that is not Single Ladies.

    Angie, if any of my wedding cake ends up in your vagina...I swear to God...make sure you take a picture.

    ReplyDelete